Thursday, January 12, 2012

It seems that it's been quite some time since last I blogged. What with my Deviantart and Facebook accounts I just don't have that much time to log on here.

I guess I'll start off with my crafting. Thanks to the holidays I've been knitting a lot. I've gotten a few commissions and done some things for family. The first on my list was a smocked dress for my niece. It was a quick knit but I think it turned out nicely! She loves it and I of course had to take some photos of her in it. It's like a mandatory Aunt thing!

Now that I'm no longer babysitting this will be difficult to accomplish since I won't be seeing them as much.

Another project I completed recently was a knit hat for my dear Uncle Ken. He claims to love it! Which makes me very happy! This was my first time knitting in the round:  I think it came out quite well. I've got another hat commission for a fellow motorcyclist and can't wait to start on it. That hat wont be a Watch Cap like the one I made Uncle Ken but rather a beanie.


I knit a pair of fingerless gloves for but I forgot to photograph them. However because I liked them so much I plan to knit another pair for myself and so shall photograph those when they are done. The only problem with that is that it might take some time before I can get to starting them.

I've also knit a few props for Barebaby Photography. A lace wrap and a matching cap! The yarn was a bitch to knit with and my stitches kept falling off my needles but I do like how they came out. They are so soft!

I can't wait to knit more for Stacy from Bare baby! I'll try to keep posting here but if I fail please check me out on my Deviant and Facebook pages!

Also I have done a few things with apples! Aren't they just the cutest! I crocheted these mostly for the craft fair that I went to. People liked them and I managed to sell a few things:  mostly jewelry!

My father found a filly for me recently however when he went to visit a friend who had purchased one of this persons other foals the poor thing was majorly shy and spookie. Plus when this man attempted to contact the seller he was unable to. That just doesn't sound like a good start for the little guys and since I'm not all that experienced in raising a foal I figure I'll pass. I hope they do find good homes I just think I wouldn't be one of them! Granted I could be wrong and might just turn out to be an excellent home for half wild foals! :3

In the mean time I shall just keep searching for a small farm, a better job, and keep my old man (Trouper) in good shape so that when I get said farm he can come with me. Since I'm sure it'll be years before I can get it and he's already 26! Old for a horse I hear ... just don't let him know that! ;3 Trouper definitely had gotten ornerier in his advanced years. I went out one night to visit him and after a  little while he started to bite at me. Then attempted to herd me when I told him I was fed up with his violent behavior and started to walk towards the gate. I swear I think he would get away with murder! That's one reason he's coming with me when I finally get my own place. The other, more obvious reason is that he's my big brother and has been with me since we were both 6yrs old. What can I say ... only an other brother is able to get away with this behavior he's exhibiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment