Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Ok, so clearly I need to plan my garden better next year. I just want corn & squash & melons so bad! However, the melons have taken over.

So thought. I'll have a kid so I might not invest in another bed just yet. If not then I'll plant tomatoes & peppers per usual (starting those puppies in January!!) Some beets & spinach could be grown in the patio enclosure in those shallow beds I used last year.

If I can get the wood moved to it's new location we'll put a mulch bed by the compost barrow & I can put my melons in that. The bunnies should leave them alone since they have textured leaves & minor spikes. Chipmunks must be shot!

Corn...sadly I don't think I've got an HOA acceptable location. Tempted to make a wall with corn to block the neighbors we dont care for. Might keep their kid out of our yard....then again parenting would fix that! The dog will become target practice if it comes after my kid!

I should have room in the big bed next year for dicon radish & Bok Choy maybe a kareon chilly pepper. & I'm hoping to plant garlic this fall so I'll be all set for more kimchi! If I even need it! I'm about to ferment a gallon tonight!

Am I missing anything? What else do I eat?
Hemming project for a neighbor

0 comments:

Post a Comment