Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Carved Crochet Hooks

So I was thinking the other day that I would like to own a set of carved crochet hooks. I even came up with some really cool designs: at least I think they are. So I asked my boyfriend: the awesome artist that he is, to make them for me. Sadly he doesn't think it would be cost effective to make them. It might have something to do with me wanting the wood to be cherry or red oak. I originally was thinking ceder but that wood is too soft.

I asked Daniel if it would be permissible to get a chunk of wood and cut it into 4-6 pieces then spin them but I guess it's not. All well!

I'm thinking of contacting a few of my fellow artists and seeing if they would be willing to do an art trade or just see how much they would charge for them. I'd rather support my fellow artist rather than get them from a store. If not then I'll have to make them myself darn it!

I have come across a few people who make them. Like Shangri-La Craft (though it's not quite what I was wanting) and Katherine Kowalski (who's work I love)! The latter makes me wish I could spin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment