Wednesday, August 21, 2013

True Potato Fruit

So I've done some research and discovered that the balls on my potato plants are the actual fruit. What I have to do is slice the fruit open and remove the itty bitty seeds then clean the slime off so they'll germinate. I can't wait to plant them next spring.

I've got most of my produce pulled out for the season. Already I have two servings of tomato sauce and looking at the amount of tomatoes I just picked I might get two more. I'm even giving away stuff. The last of my bok choy is going to my sister with some tomatoes and snap peas. Peas and tomatoes for Daniel's mother. I'm weeks away from digging up the potatoes!

Between the dog and me I'm lucky to be taking home any peas or tomatoes. For every handful I put in my bag we ate 1. One thing he wouldn't eat was the bok choy. Must be an acquired taste. Daniels not a fan either. Trouper likes

I am being silly as well. I've got lavender sprouting in my window sill. Probably should have started it in the spring but a coworker gave me some seeds a few weeks ago so I was like what the heck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment