Thursday, November 29, 2018

I step out onto the patio first thing in the morning. Throw back the curtains and am greeted my a mass amount of condensation! So I tromp uostairs to get a towel or 2 and mop it all up. MOLD!

So I gotta fix this issue before me mold makes a home. Technically this is a whole house problem. Just not as bad as that room they slapped together.

So first the cause(s):
*poor insulation
*excess moisture via plants
*warmer then outside
*breathing
*cooking
*showers

Fixes:
*dehumidifier 
*remove plants
*charcoal
*insulate
*open windows

In reality the only think I can really do would be add charcoal to the room. Place them into a bowl. However, the doors get opened multiple times a day to let the dog out and being winter that just lets in more moisture. 

I would have to constantly empty a dehumidifier. We have one in the basement. It was a 2-3 times daily chore. It now empties into the subpump.....

Ultimately when we have to get a new furnace it will have a built in dehumidifier! 

Further research required. I still am giggling at JSB and all their proclamations! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment