Monday, July 23, 2012

Traditional Crafting

So I've found yet another craft I wish to learn. It's called luceting. What you do is use this nifty little device called a lucet and some yarn of your desired weight to do this little braiding technique. The end result is a cord. I saw this lady using one at the rendezvous and did a wee bit of research on it. It's actually not hard!

I came across people on the internet using their fingers or modifying a plastic fork to create the lucet. So crafty! Me, I'm going to make my own (or perhaps convince Daniel to make me one). It seems easier to use a cord than to make ribbon for my costumes.

I also decided today to compile of list of traditional crafts and figure out which ones I would like to learn or have already tried and passed over.

  • Knitting
  • Crochet
  • Tatting
  • Irish lace
  • Luceting
  • Spinning
  • Braiding
  • Weaving
  • Sewing
  • Embroidery
Feel free to add some crafts to my list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment