Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day in Virginia

Blue Ridge
Over the Labor day weekend some of my family went to Virginia to visit with my sick uncle. He's doing better than he was during the Rendezvous but unfortunately as we were leaving Monday afternoon he was heading to the ER. It was most unsettling!

However before then my cousin and I were taking my other cousins senior photos. It was such fun that I might attempt to do other senior photos if the opportunity arises. Granted I wont have access to such wonderfully majestic sights but we do have some nice locations to work with in Columbus. There are quite a few funny photos that bring out his personality and then the typical serious portraits.


Knowing that there were horses down the road I made an effort to walk there and get some photos. Little did I know that it would rain and that there would be a family of deer waiting when I got there.

Between my cousins and I we got a lot of photos. I wish the horses didn't have fly masks on but there was nothing to be done for that.

Gorgeous black horse and deer family
 There were 2 Tobiano Paint's and 1 big black beauty. If I had to guess I'd say Morgan but I'm not sure.

Raining hard
Among my cousin's photos was this fun shot of me taking the photo above. I'm all wet! My poor camera got wet as well but it wasn't too bad since I was hiding under a tree.

Me taken by Philip
We had some excellent food while in Virginia and I finally got to go to Sweet Things to enjoy there excellent ice cream and milk shakes. I got a Chunky Irish Girl Scout Smoothie and tried their Peach Habanero which is ironic since I'll be making that flavor in jam today. All in all very good! But sadly we never did make it to Michie Tavern. They have some of the best food on Earth. My favorite is their stewed tomatoes, to which I have the recipe and home styled fried chicken. Maybe next time.

 As I was skimming through my SD card I stumbled across this photo of little miss Evelyn. Taken a while back when I first got my new lens. I was really just the spotter but I figured that since I have a zoom lens I would just take some photos from the back ground. As you can imagine since I wasn't getting in Evelyn's face that I didn't get the best shots and I have yet to get any since my sister is keeping her all to herself. Unless of course she needs a baby sitter. I guess I could just pose here when sis isn't around but as a photographer who hasn't worked with babies much I would feel more comfortable with a spotter. So I guess I'm out of luck! All well it's still a cute photo! [I played with it in Photoshop a wee bit and smoothed out her face and darkened the photo some.]

Baby Evelyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment