Friday, September 7, 2012

Thai Peaches Jam

So last night I made some Peach Jalapeno Jam with Thai Chilies. Long story! Okay, no twisting my arm! I started out with 1 Jalapeno pepper. Before I added it I sampled it for both freshness (not that I doubted since it came from Debbie's garden) and heat. Sadly they only had a little heat so I busted out a Chili from the same garden and cleaned it up. Wow did that hurt! As soon as I touched a sliver to my tongue it lit my mouth on fire. That one I dropped in whole about half way through cooking it since the Jalapenos weren't heating things up any. Even after introducing the Thai chili I wasn't getting any heat. I'm not sure why either. Very disappointing that.

Anywho, I cooked it longer than I should have. It didn't mess with the flavor or burn at all but I did mess with my quantity. I was hoping on at least 4 half-pint jars but only got 3. Sigh! I blame it on attempting to get some heat in there. In the end I even kept the Thai Chili in the jam rather than pulling it out after I got it hot enough. I still possessed 2 of the jars for later consumption or as gifts and kept the 1 with the Thai Chili out for sampling at work.

I can say at least that the jam looks pretty. I left the skin on since the peaches are from Lynd's Fruit Farm only scrubbing the fuzz off. So there's bits of skin and mushy chunks of peaches. Then there's bits of green jalapeno. The red Thai Chili blends in with the jams color a bit.

I should have picked up some peaches from Reverend Larry's garden while in Virginia for my straight up peach jam!

I've also been working on knitting ... no surprise there! I've got a nice purple cable beanie I'm working on and I'm going to make a pair of matching let warmers. It's all newborn size so it'll work for photographers or people with newborns who want them.

Self photography!
I've worked out a deal with my sister on this as well. When her clients chose the prop they want she's going to offer them the prop if they wish to have it. Obviously they'll be purchasing it but it'll be cheaper then if they bought it from my website and had it shipped.

I also had a meeting for a fair coming up. The lady suggested I hit up Boho with my jewelry. She said that it would benefit us both (the boutique owner and myself). I was flattered when she told me "this is quality work." as she was browsing my jewelry collection and that if she ever needs a baby gift she knows were to go. Even if nothing else comes of this meeting I'll still be happy knowing she likes my work. However, I hope I can scrounge up some artists and get in this show!

0 comments:

Post a Comment