Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Cards for those in Hospitals

Front of card
My online art community is currently hosting a project that gives cards to those poor people stuck in the hospital during the holiday season. All the cards created and collected will be distributed around the world by selected DA members and hospital staff. I'm not sure who decided which hospitals get the cards but I'm thinking if I make and collect enough from those artistic people I know that I might contact children's hospital here in town for those poor dears with terminal issues. Perhaps some funny pick me uppers just for them. If I get enough for all them and more then the extra I can send to the DA project. If not then they'll all go to DA.
 
The guidelines are simple. Don't write anything religion specific as you won't know what religion the recipient will be of. You won't know what degree the recipients illness is so no 'get well soons'. They could be terminally ill! How would that even make them feel I wonder!?

Back of card
The cards can be of any size and any type. You can hand make the card or purchase it. Though if you purchase one try to jazz it up a bit so it's more personal.

The two above photos are for my first card. It's not all that fancy but I had to work with what I had. I've got a few ideas for more which I will post once they are made.

Good luck to everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment