Thursday, November 29, 2012

Giving Thanks

Monday, November 19th I joked with the boss man about getting lazy on my 4 day holiday. Turns out I shouldn't have jinks-ed myself so. I woke up Thanksgiving morning with a cold weight in my lungs. By the end of the day I had a migraine, insistent cough and was achy all over. Today is my first day back to work since then. I still feel tired and sickly.

However, my lovely lady from The Little Ice Cream Shoppe brought in Peppermint and Coffee flavored homemade ice cream for everyone to enjoy. So yummy! I'm enjoying some now. The peppermint is very minty. This lovely cold ice cream (not that there's another kind) has real peppermint pieces so there's a crunch if you're lucky. And the coffee ... oh my. Any coffee lover would love this ice cream.

So excited to see them open.

Decided to take some photos of my li'le lemon tree. It's shooting up pretty fast I think. From a wee little seed back in February when I planted it in the up cycled cup to this foot tall spiky sapling. It's got lovely color, in fact I worry about having it in my window for when the police do their fly by's they might mistake it for pot or something. All shinny, bright, green! With the cold coming in I moved it back and put a little cozy on it's feet. I hope it stays warm and keeps growing.

 For my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner I brought dessert. Like last year it was pumpkin. Only this time it's a cheese cake! Yup, and in a JAR! Can you believe it? It actually came out pretty darn good. I'm not happy that it rose then fell ... a lot. But the flavor and consistency are perfect. I've been getting complements from people who don't even like cheesecake. My boyfriend for instance even had a second jar. That's gotta say something. And it was so easy to make. Well, I used Daniel's muscles for the beating of the batter; at which point he broke our whisk, but otherwise easy! Clearly I need to invest in a table mixer or we're going to run out of whisks!

I was knocked out both Friday and Saturday with whatever it was I have. Both days I had a fever in the 100s but luckily Saturday it 'broke' and I began to sweat rather than just getting uncomfortably hot. Sunday, though I was drowsy and still achy I managed to get outside for some fresh air. Monday, still sick and weak but up enough to do some knitting (like 1 stitch a minute). I finished another pair of Fingerless gloves and these I was able to post to etsy for sale. I got started on another commission. This lovely blue headband for a lucky little girl.

Prior to all this sickness I knit up a lap blanket for Buckikiddies Photography that I'm sure you can guess will be a prop for her photography. My sister was all over it when she got a gander. It's very soft.

Well I should stop here and get back to car hunting. Daniel got the Honda fixed however the rings are too tight and it would need some break in time or for him to tear the motor back apart which he doesn't wish to do. So car shopping I go. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment