Friday, December 7, 2012

Loan Hell

I can't believe 5/3rd did this to me!

I've been looking for a car for some time now since my only means of transportation is either car pooling or my motorcycle. I found a few I like ranging from 10K to 15K so I decided it was time to see what I could get approved for. Seeing as 5/3rd gave me all my previous loans I started with them. I took the paper with the car information to the bank and asked. They did a pre-approval for the 14k with a 2008 Honda Civic Si with 100K miles as the test car shall I say. So from the beginning they knew the car then ... I made sure that I couldn't deny me that I was guaranteed the 14K before hopping into the car to test drive it. I didn't want to get my hopes up. Well I decided that I preferred the Si to the Mazda3. Since at that point my bank was closed I did a carmax loan that gave me 3 days to pay it back no interest or fees. Thus I had time to go to my bank WITH the car. I get to my bank the next day and guess what they tell me!   I'm denied ... why you ask? because of the miles which they knew about!

They refuse to help me even though I was pre-approved and am a long time good standing customer. It's only 100 miles over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment