Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Garden: Part IV

Did I mention yet that my garden is now planted?! No, good! Well it is. I've got
  • Blue potatoes
  • Garlic
  • Beets
  • Carrots
  • Red Onions
  • Spinach
  • Bok Choy
  • Mild peppers
  • Corn
  • Beans
  • Tomatoes
Once the corn comes up and the beans get bigger I'll be planting squash and of course as the others get close to ripening I'll plant more so I can keep a continues harvest of my favorites throughout the seasons. I still have a partial fence but the critters seem to be leaving my plants alone. Could be the dangling chimes I hung from a branch I planted or my wee kitty who has been seen bunny-ing (as apposed to mousing) near my garden. Either way I'm not complaining.

CRAFTING:

I'm going to generalize at this point. I'm still working on my shrug. At the rate things are going I might have it finished at the end of summer. :3 I'm also sewing my NOLA skirt ... by hand it would seem. Using the back stitch and french seams it's taking forever but in the end I'm hoping it'll be pretty stable. I may end up using the machine as I feel it's more secure. Perhaps I should just make smaller stitches. I did come across a neat trick. Wax your thread. Keeps it from tangling as easily and allows it to glide smoother through your fabric.
NOLA skirt
Then on Wednesday my sister brought her children and took me strawberry picking. Fun stuff and I now have enough strawberries to make some jam. On top of my Strawberry Balsamic jam I'll be making Strawberry in Pinot Noir. It's going to be yum! I just need to remember when I'm at my sisters to hijack her stock pot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment