Monday, June 3, 2013

The Power of Thought

Like everything else in my life, I have to keep motivated in the things I wish to do. It really is harder than it sounds. For instance it's possible to sculpt my body to a wicked shape, I know this because I've done it in the past. Ripped abbs, toned thighs, sculpted glutes and lean arms. Then I graduated high school, went to collage for graphic design and completely stopped working out. In comes my loose, sagging musculature. But knowing it's possible, wanting it back and actually working hard for it are all a little different.

I've found though that if I believe something it tends to be/come true. If I feel a certain way people tend to treat me this way. All my psychology books say it but attempting to train my mind to think and thus act a certain way is not so easy. After thinking a way for years it's so easy to fall back into the same EASY habbits again. Change is hard no matter how much we want it does't change that fact.

Now I'm listening to a new book, 'The Psychology of Achievement' by Brian Tracy. He's not saying anything I already didn't know but he's reminding me that I want this change and remotivating me to go for it. I hope this time to stick with it. I do still write the things I wish to be on the bathroom mirror right after my shower when it's all steimed up. Things like 'I am courageous, I am serene, I am wise, I am loved' I'm sure you get the point. Write down and think or BELIEVE what it is that you wish to be. The kind of person you wish you were. Sure you don't believe it yet, not trurly but give it time. Keep telling yourself and act/pretend you are this person. Soon enough you wont have to try but will BE. I AM CONFIDENT! I think for me it's starting to work but I don't do it enough. Just have to keep reminding myself. Those times patrons try to get me to lose my timper I find myself taking a deep breath. Here is where I need to tell myself that I am serene. I am confident.

This sort of reminds me of a favorite prayer.
'Lord grant me the courage to change the things I can,
Serenity to accept those I can't,
And the wisdom to know the difference.'

I used to say this or think it everytime I felt depressed, or wanting change. I guess it would be an example of powerful thinking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment