Friday, June 14, 2013

Rendezvous 2013

Yay! It's almost time for Rendezvous! I've got a few more days to finish getting ready as well as finish my last few commissions. Things seem to be going wrong though. Last night as I was preparing to make my jam our water had to be shut off due to a water main failure. Fun right! Our poor neighbor came home to a flooded front room. It's back on now and my Balsamic Strawberry Jam is done. Now all I need to do is label it and put the pretty little toppers on then pack it away for the Old Northwest.
Hand sewing the cap

I managed to convince Daniel to finish the money box for me. I had this simple idea of turning an old cigar box into a money box and Daniel just flew with it. I'm not surprised though as he made me the cutest jewelry box years ago. It's not entirely what I was picturing ... it's better! It originally was for craft fairs but since I'm trying to sell at Rendezvous I figured I should bring it along.

Inside the box with lid open
 

Inside the box with lid closed
Starting in 1/2hr I begin teaching wee little people how to knit. Granted a lot of those 'little' people will probably be taller than me. Any who! They will each get a packet ... as long as there are less then 12 people in this class we're all good. I ran out of material for the packets. Then they get to use the knitting needles but since the library purchased all them and it was pricey they can't keep those. Should be fun. I'm going to have everyone sit in a circle and knit.
Knitting 101 packet
THE GARDEN:

IT'S GROWING! OMG. My potatoes are getting so big and are so pretty with their blue foliage. I've only seen a few corn so I will have to pop some more seeds in to thicken the plot but the beans are shooting right up. I lost a few beets and none of the carrots grew so I'm taking all my seeds out to fix this problem. We've gotten plenty of rain and sun so I'm expecting crazy changes every time I go out there!

Garden twig markers

0 comments:

Post a Comment