Monday, February 27, 2017

So I got a commission from a friend for a gift. My friend and her sister are both big Outlander fans and she requested a green scarf. So I'm gonna do a bit of an Irish theme [even though Outlander is Scottish]

A couple of years ago we had to chop down an old maple that was about as old as our house [upwards of 200 years]. It was a sad day seeing that mighty tree fall. However, I took a large branch and sliced it into disks that I could then use in projects, adding that extra special tough.

I brought that up .... because I think buttons made from that tree would be a perfect finishing tough to this scarf. Now just to figure out the fancy stitches I'll be using to bring it all together.

The fabrics I'll be using. The green is a touch paler.

Wearing the scarf down. Can be pulled up to cover the nose and ears.
Scarf

0 comments:

Post a Comment