Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Over the weekend I had a lot going on. Starting with finishing my taxidermy commission, and ending with today's dr apt.

So this commission took me a while to make. Likely because I had to design it then knit it. Sand the plaque then paint and consecutive sandings since the wood was that dry. Came out kinda looking like a rhino.

Narwhal trophy
 Cleaning up afterwards was fun. I learned that Georgia is more cat than dog!!!

Then Sunday was my birthday! Yay I'm .... old! I woke up early and too the puppy out. I decided to plant my peach tree since it was supposed to storm all day. I thought I did a good job....my mate not so much. So he sent me to the hardware store for potting mix and mulch while he quadrupled the size of my hole!! It will have plenty of room to grow now before it has to contend with our clay-ish earth.

Finished with enough time to have lunch and book it to work. I stopped for my birthday latte! Starbucks now only gives you 3 days to redeem your free drink.

Birthday latte and Iron Shot Café Biscotti!

Peach Seedling
 Monday I did some sewing and front porch sitting. I just had to bring my guard dog with me. She only got tangled in the plants once. Kept trying to get at the mail box where the bunnies have been tearing up the daisies. Gotta find something new to plant here that they won't like.

Front porch guarding!

Saturday night pizza!

Daddy playing with the puppy dog!
 Then today has been fairly lazy. I had an early morning appointment for wee Aidan. The nurse almost gave me a shot thinking that my blood type was B-. I quickly corrected her! It's good that I know my blood type. Not sure what that shot would have done. Turned down the whooping cough shot.....cause I've been exposed to lots of wee bairns with whooping cough and I've still not gotten it. Even with how often I get sick I don't get the scary shit.

After the dr I did some returns then came home for lunch with the puppy. Cleaned the fish tank and watered the plants! Brought in the sleigh and did some sweeping. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down a bit before I go mow the lawn.

What's that yummy smell?!

Sun tea!!! I love this time of year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment