Friday, May 12, 2017

Clearly all my energy is focusing inward this year. It's evident in the suffering of my garden!

The citrus trees are happy and putting off new sprouts that I have to keep snipped. The peach tree is now outside, should be in the ground within the month. Of my vegetables the acorn squash is the happiest one of the whole lot. The butternut aren't growing, nor are my egg plants, the corn is rebounding from the over heating I gave them but the tomatoes are barely hanging on. Lavender's not growing but my basil is! Sigh. Though I've never had luck with lavender!

In the mead making department I've got a new supplier of honey. A chap that lives down the road. We're getting 5 gallons on Saturday. Well Dan is as I'll be at work. So once strawberries are in that's the next mead to be made. Perhaps a small batch of lavender and to finish up the blackberry and the toasted marshmallow!



So a list of homesteading things to do within the year:
  • Make birch beer
  • Stake & net the Raspberries
  • Finish the raised bed (secure the boards together so dirt doesn't push it apart & add dirt)
  • Next Jan-March tap the black walnut & make syrup
  • Begin overhaul on the front yard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment