Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Butter

So I've done it again! I spent all afternoon Wednesday cooking. I took two of the pumpkins I got on Sunday and pureed them to make pumpkin butter and since I had a lot left over I made pumpkin muffins. I STILL have pureed pumpkin left so I separated it into portions for my up coming recipes and froze it. I swear, the recipe called for 2 four pound pumpkins so that's what I got but I ended up with 4 pints of butter and had way more pumpkin left then I was expecting. I'm thinking 6 pounds of pumpkin should work just fine.

I got burnt for all my troubles! Can you believe that. I took such care with those buggers:  struggling to cut them in half then slathering butter all over them to bake. Skinning them and mashing them. *Sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment