Friday, October 5, 2012

Riding Boots

Costume!
     So I've been looking into people or places to get myself some boots. Not just any boot but rather something that goes with my 18th century Military woman costume. Technically I could use a pair of "Kinsington" in black but I'd really rather have the whole military look and get boots. Fun boots!
Kinsington's Via American Duchess

      I do like the green mules but sadly they seem to be a different time period than what I'm portraying and so not military. My next costume!
Silk and leather mules 1890-1920




     So the boots need to be black and I'd like them to be knee high with the ability to roll up for riding. A Jolly Roger comes to mind and the Jack boot. I'd really rather not get a box boot but it might end up coming to that.

Heritage Costumes
     This could work. It's got a good sized heel (perfect for riding) and is simple in design with convenient lacing in the back for when the boot is rolled up to keep it secure.
Pearson's Renaissance Shoppe
     Ah! The Jolly Roger! I'm not liking the toe of these boots though ... and they got rubber souls. Won't work. And they lace all the way up the back! O.o Nice! I wonder if they are supposed to do that.
Just for giggles
Pirate Queen Jolly Roger boots!
More giggles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment