Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I'm so tempted not to compost this winter. My barrel's contents are frozen! I had hoped to empty it out & was filling a bucket beside it with my fresh scraps till the compost was ready to dump.....not happening if I can't even spin it anymore! & walking out there...it's ouchie cold! It's been a while since I've HAD to go out into the cold to take care of anything besides my car! *note to self knit more wool ... everything!

The patio was staying in the 20's + until last night. It dropped down into the low teens. So not staying much warmer then perhaps 5-10 degrees warmer then the outside. I blame this on the lack of proper calking. Sigh. Probably won't happen till spring. Which means they ain't getting paid till them. The guy in charge of our project now (this makes #3, so much for 1 contact throughout the project) is a contradictory mess. He was like "I'll be out there tomorrow. We need to go over a few things and get it signed off", then when tomorrow came ... and went he was like "sorry we didn't make it, blah blah, we will be out tomorrow 100%". That didn't happen either and this time no contact! Lame.

Note to anyone wanting an enclosed patio. If you have any little bit of building know how, just take the time to build it yourself! It takes them the same amount of time it would take you! (2 weeks my rosy ass) In fact if you took a week off work and were diligent, you'd have it done! & save yourself thousands of dollars! (byer's remorse .... if only I hadn't been pregnant. I would have pushed we do it)

When we get around to building then fence....WE are so building the fence. Contractors be damned! It'll be cheaper and less of a headache even with purchasing a $700 pin survey and the permits to build!!!!

So onto better things! Aidan's curtains are complete! *happy dance* I finished them yesterday while he slept and hung them up! I measured a bit off on the right side and so when I shifted the tabs around it pulls up. I don't think it's all that noticeable. What do you think?

His elf socks are done and were a hit! I messed up my toes a bit so there are some holes but I got it fixed in the pattern. I'll try to write that up today and post it.


On the last day of 2017 we took a trip to the Zoo for the Wildlights! Aidan was loving the lights and the fishes. He lasted a whole 1.5hrs before passing out in his snuggly snow suit!


0 comments:

Post a Comment