Sunday, January 28, 2018

JSB came out on Thursday. Said they would be done by time they left that day. I had to work so I wasn't here to see them finish or what it looked like when they left. However, the little I saw yesterday before work and today was....Ok.

I had no choice on the darker siding as what is on our house is discontinued. [That sucks!] After talking with me that morning, we agreed that they could take siding from inside the unit to clean up the outside. They had to get a new corner panel to fix that missing chunk. According to Dan they squished it half assed like then screwed it in place. Now, I'm no expert but even I know that's jankie. When they told me that they were going to use metal sheathing to block off the wood they had to cut...I assumed they were blocking it off from the elements. Apparently they just bent it to cover the outside of the wood so it matched the unit....way past the unit, not matching my house & not protecting the wood from anything. When the snow piles up on the roof it'll just like under the metal and still touch the exposed unpainted part of the wood.

The unit is still leaking. Or rather puddling up from under the frame. Not sure what to make of that. From what I saw of what they were doing [it was concrete patio, caulk, metal sheathing, then door frames.] There may have been caulk before the frame but I didn't see it. Either way if it's caulked why is water coming in?


0 comments:

Post a Comment