Monday, March 15, 2010

Cold Ride

Perhaps yesterday wasn't the best day to take my bike for a run.

It started with me wanting to go to the mall. I called a friend and had her meet me in the food court and then I geared up. From my window it was sunny enough and sure the temperature gauge said it was only 47 degrees F.

So like half way there I was shivering like a maraca. :3 I was afraid my hips shivering would cause my bike to swerve. She was wobbly enough in the front end without my assistance...or maybe it was actually my hips and not my bike. :(

LOL! So many people were mad at me. I was doing the speed limit no more and they were going around me, honking (to which I flicked them off...the losers!) and getting awfully close to me! Very scary!

So I made it to Daniels' work just fine with only crazy people trying to not drive behind me. I said hi since he can't talk on his phone anymore while at work. Then off I went (after a brief bit of time to warm up) to the mall.

I met my friends just outside the mall instead of inside because their little ones weren't feeling all that happy. The oldest was a bit grumpy and not liking me not letting him hold my helmet. Or the firemen who had to walk past us. Must have gotten his dislike of the uniformed man from his father: who got it from his fast driving friends! :3

We managed to wander around the mall a bit. Trying to cheer the little ones up with Build a Bear and the play place. We got ourselves some fun necessities from Victoria's Secret. It was fun helping a blushing man pick out goodies for his woman! :3

They didn't stay happy long. I guess running around Victoria's Secret with a bra gets old fast. :3 So they went home with some movies I brought them (Ponyo and Shaun the Sheep) and back to Daniels' work I went. I told him I was going home and off I went ... shivering all the way. Man it was freezing! I needed chaps and a leather jacket!

Though I brought my camera I never got pictures. *sigh* Maybe next time! Hopefully it will be warm then too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment